Leading Indian University creates new benchmarks in online higher education
The University, with over two decades of academic excellence in management education, and counted among top 20 universities in India was looking at enhancing the brand positioning of its distance education programs in the fast growing continuing education market. The university came to a conclusion that online program delivery would not only help improve learning outcomes of students, but also help them differentiate from other me-too offerings.
However the university administration and the faculty members were concerned about the lack of in-house expertise for creating, delivering and managing Online Content and associated Technology Infrastructure.
They decided to engage a technology partner to seamlessly manage their Online Programs, while maintaining a sharp focus on academic excellence.
The university chose avagmah as its online education technology partner through a comprehensive due diligence process. In record time the university was able to take its management programs online, powered by avagmah’s globally benchmarked technology platform.
- Preparing the stakeholders, including faculty and administration for offering online programs
Delivering courses online was a new experience for the faculty. They required hand-holding for conducting lectures, assignments and assessments in the online mode.
- Managing marketing and student enrollment The university knew that it was important to actively market program to the right student profile without diluting the university brand. Also it was felt that university did not have resources to manage the surge in student queries and applications.
- Managing student expectations Another challenge the university foresaw was managing student expectations for enhanced learning experience, efficient query handling and guided counseling- so students can choose courses that are best-suited to them.
avagmah as the exclusive online education technology partner, supported the University at every stage.
- Institutional readiness and capacity development avagmah conducted a thorough gap-analysis (of infrastructure, faculty-preparedness, course-module structure, assessment structures) and recommended a best-fit capacity development plan. This helped the university prepare itself for excellence in Online Education.
- Online Content Creation and Delivery The avagmah technology platform (ATP), a globally benchmarked technology platform; streamlined online course delivery, content management and assessments. The platform enabled students to learn anytime, anywhere, on any device. avagmah’s skilled resources contributed towards creating online courses using global best practices in instructional design.
- Marketing and Admissions avagmah created and managed digital marketing campaigns (website, social media presence, e-mailers, blogs), corporate connects and public relations for the University’s Online Education Offering, in-line with the university’s brand and communication guidelines.
- avagmah facilitated the student admissions process including – student counseling, application processing and documentation, fee collections. The university retained control of admission eligibility criterion and approval of admission.
- Learning Experience avagmah technology platform enables student experience par excellence, facilitating university operations for delivery of study material, examinations and certification etc.
- Handing student queries Dedicated student support team resolves student queries as per defined timelines to enhance student satisfaction.
- avagmah not only built and managed a world-class online virtual campus, it also helped the university actively engage students.
- The University-avagmah collaboration has created a new benchmark in student retention, program completion rates and learning outcomes (higher than distance mode, and comparable with on-campus programs).
- The University and its faculty retained complete control of curriculum and pedagogy, to maintain academic thought leadership.
- Create your own success story: If you represent a university/institution, and want to take your higher education programs online, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.